I am Arthur, a PhD student in the Condensed Matter Theory group of the LOMA in Bordeaux. My thesis supervisors are David Dean and Thomas Guérin. I am working on problems of dispersion in heterogeneous media such as microchannels or crowded environments. For such systems, a stochatic approach is used in order to derive analytical solutions, that are supported with numerical simulations.
Grants and Fellowship
2015-2019: Normalien (Student and Civil Servant trainee) at the ENS Paris – Saclay (France).
- 2019-2022: PhD, LOMA , University of Bordeaux, France.
- 2018-2019: Second year of Master’s: Physics of Complex Systems (high honors), Sorbonne Université, Université Paris Saclay, France. Master’s degree in statistical physics.
- 2018: Laureate of the Agrégation in Physics Chemistry (highest teaching certification in France).
- 2017-2018: Master’s degree to prepare the Agrégation, ENS Paris – Saclay (France).
- 2016-2017: First year of Master’s in Physics, ENS Paris – Saclay (France).
- 2015-2016: Bachelor of Science, ENS Paris – Saclay (France).
- 2021: Summer school: Flow and transport in porous and fractured media, Cargèse, France.
- 2019: Research internship, LOMA, France. Supervisors: David Dean, Thomas Guérin. Title: dispersion in channels: investigating the effect of surface-mediated diffusion.
- Programming: Python, C. Stochastic simulations.
- Languages: English, German (basics).
- 2019-2021: Teaching missions at the university of Bordeaux, France. Supervising practical works (optics, electronics, fluid mechanics), tutorials (mathematics, statistical mechanics), and courses (mechanics), 128 hours.
- 2018-2019: Supervising oral examinations, Preparatory School, Lycée Eiffel, Cachan, France.
A. Alexandre, M. Mangeat, T. Guérin, and D. S. Dean,
“How stickiness can speed up diffusion in confined systems” (2021).
A. Alexandre, T. Guérin, and D. S. Dean,
“Generalized Taylor dispersion for translationally invariant microfluidic systems”, Physics of Fluids 33, 082004 (2021)
Laboratoire Ondes et Matière d’Aquitaine (LOMA)
351 cours de la libération
33405 Talence Cedex